Network architecture is the design of computers and other devices in a network. There are two types of network architecture
1. Peer-to-peer Network (P2P)
- In P2P network, all computers have the same status. It means all computers in this network can share hardware and data.
- Network OS and application software’s are install on every computer.
- This network is suitable for small-business and home users because it normally connects less than 10 computers.
- It is easy to setup and maintain but provides less security because data is store at different locations.
2. Client-Server Network
- In a client-server network one or more computers works as servers (host) and other computer work as client. The client computers are connected with server computers to access the resources and data.
- Client computers request to server computers to access resources or data. Then the server computer provides the requested resource or data.
- Client computers are less powerful than server computers
- It is expensive network because of costly server computers but provides batter security than P2P network.