Conflict Equivalent Schedule
In the conflict equivalent, one schedule can be converted into another schedule by swapping just non-conflicting operations.
Before to learn conflict equivalent schedule you must know about
- Conflict and non-conflict pairs.
- Swapping of pairs
- Non-conflict pairs are always replaceable in schedule
- Conflict pairs are never be replaceable in schedule
Explain with Example
Consider two schedules “A” and “Y” which are not conflict equivalent as given under.
Now, convert Schedule “A” to Schedule “X” by swapping non-conflicting operations (pairs) as given below.
As we can see the schedules “X” and “Y” are becomes conflict equivalent as given above.
So, Schedule “A” is conflict serializable or serial because it is equal to Schedule “Y” (which is serial) after swapping non-conflict pairs.
Condition For Conflict Equivalent
Two schedules will be conflict equivalent if and only if
- Both schedules holds the same set of the transaction.
- If the ordered of each conflict-pair is same.