Two Dimensional (2-D) Parity Check
Two Dimensional Parity Check is also known as Longitudinal Redundancy Check (LRC). It is the improved version of single parity bit.
According to 2-D Parity Check
- All sending data is placed in forms of rows and columns.
- For even Parity, bits are calculated of each column and redundant bits is attach with that column.
- Block of parity bits of each column acts as redundant bits.
Find the LRC for the sending data blocks 11100111 11011101 00111001 10101001 and determine the data that is transmitted?
Step 01: First generate LRC bits as given below
Step 02: Now attach LRC with original data and transmit to sender. Block diagram of LRC is given below
Performance of 2-D Parity Check
- It can detect the burst errors.
- If two bits are changed in exactly the same column then errors cannot detected.