Single Parity Check
- Single parity bit is also known as even parity bit or Vertical Redundancy Check (VRC)
- According to single parity check, a parity bit also known as redundant bit is appended at the end of the data unit, so that the number of 1’s becomes even.
- Before to transmission of bits, the 1’s bits are calculated by even parity generator which is also called compute the parity bit.
- At receiving end, again compute the parity bit, if the data still holds even parity bit then there is no error in data.
Performance Of Single Parity
- It can detect single bit errors easily.
- It can detect burst error only if the No. of errors is Odd. If even number of bits changed then it cannot detect errors.