Single Parity Check
- Single parity bit is also known as even parity bit or Vertical Redundancy Check (VRC)
- According to a single parity check, a parity bit, also known as the redundant bit, is appended at the end of the data unit so that the number of 1s becomes even.
- Before the transmission of bits, the 1’s bits are calculated by an even parity generator, which is also called compute the parity bit.
- At receiving end, again compute the parity bit, if the data still holds even parity bit then there is no error in data.
Performance Of Single Parity
- It can detect single-bit errors easily.
- It can detect burst errors only if the No. of errors is Odd. If even the number of bits changes, then it cannot detect errors.